Before committing to the costly path of litigation, it is always worth asking if a dispute can be resolved through mediation or arbitration. When direct talks between the parties break down, a qualified attorney can help steer them to compromises by helping both sides see how their goals are being achieved.
Gregory R. Shaughnessy has mediated hundreds of cases and more recently has drawn upon his substantial experience to serve as a mediator, attempting to assist parties in resolving their disputes before incurring substantial legal expenses and before trial. Mr. Shaughnessy also serves as an arbitrator though his membership as a panelist on the Commercial Panel of the American Arbitration Association.
Mediating In A Wide Variety Of Disputes
Mr. Shaughnessy has mediated for contractors, developers, tenants and others in a wide variety of cases, including those related to:
- Contract disputes: Resolving disputes in any industry
- Uniform Commercial Code issues: Governing commercial transactions in the U.S.
- Fraudulent transfer claims: Filing or responding to charges of inappropriate money management
- Landlord-tenant disputes: Including eviction, breach of contract and other issues
- Real estate disputes: Including breach of contract, scope of development, quality of development and other issues
- Trespass lawsuits: Asserting and defending the boundaries of one’s property when a neighbor’s actions encroach on them
- Construction defect lawsuit: Protecting contractors when a construction project does not turn out as planned
A Lawyer For Your Mediation And Arbitration Needs
Gregory R. Shaughnessy has been representing owners, developers, contractors and subcontractors in California for more than 25 years. He knows the ins and outs of mediation in the Bay Area and across California.
To see how the Law Offices of Gregory R. Shaughnessy can help you, contact him onlineor call him at 415-435-2409 to schedule an initial consultation in his Tiburon office.